Thanks for visiting our Ancheer Electric Mountain Bike Review page. With a traditional bicycle, you can only pedal so far before you have to turn around and go back. This is a big reason why ebikes are so appealing because you can go greater distances and see more while still helping you meet your exercise goals.
But then there is the struggle of choosing the RIGHT ebike.
Not all ebikes are the same. There are endless variations including the size of the tires, battery power, frame size, build quality and more.
Why Listen To Me?
My name is Christina Bishop. Growing up, I spent most summer days exploring the trails and woods on a bicycle near my house. I was just a teenager when the Silver Comet Trail first opened, and I would sometimes pedal for 50 miles or more in a single day before returning home.
I joined several bike riding clubs over the years, and I learned about the importance of choosing bikes with quality components. After a few flat tires and loose chains, I also learned a lot about repairs and maintenance.
I think that electric bikes, aka ebikes, have made bike riding & cycling so much more fun! When I am not blogging or kayaking, you will still see me out riding my ebike for 50 miles or more in a single day.
For this review, we’ll take an in-depth look at the Ancheer 350W Electric Mountain Ebike and weigh in on its features.
Does it offer the comfort, power and off-road prowess that it claims, or does this ebike fall short?
Read on to find out!
Ancheer Electric Mountain Bike Features:
- LED Display – The simple, easy-to-read display helps you focus more on your bike ride rather than you paying attention to the screen and what the electronics are doing. While the screen is not all that fancy, we like how it shows you everything you need and nothing you don’t!
- Motor – The 350W hub motor responds in both Pedal Assist (PAS) mode level 1 or 2 or when using the throttle. The rider gets great torque while maintaining excellent control, and the motor is whisper quiet!
- Removable Battery – Not all ebikes have a removable battery. This is great feature because you can either charge the battery while it is in on the bike, or you can swap batteries and charge a battery while it is not on the bike. You can also lock the battery to prevent theft.
- Range – You can average a distance of about 30 miles on a single charge! Of course, your mileage may vary depending on terrain and how much you use the throttle vs. pedal assist.
Our Thoughts After Using the Ancheer Electric Mountain Bike:
We took this ebike for a test ride at the Reinhardt University Mountain Biking Trails to see how it would perform.
It’s a Great Choice for Casual Riders
Honestly, we really like it! The bike was already 85% assembled when it was shipped to us. Thankfully, the bike even included the tools we needed to finish the assembly, and those same tools can be used to maintain the bike.
With a top speed of nearly 20MPH using only the throttle, we didn’t have any trouble keeping up with traffic on our way to the trail!
We didn’t expect much out of the 350W motor, but it worked better than we expected in the flatter terrains when using pedal assist mode. It even did a fair job of climbing some shorter slopes which sure beats pedaling without a motor!
Most ebikes are heavy. This one felt much lighter and more agile which was great when pedaling in gravel. Also, because it is a lighter ebike, it was very efficient in PAS mode level 1 which made our pedaling efforts much more rewarding!
Although this ebike is designed for some light off-roading, we found that using it on paved roads is a much more comfortable experience.
We were very impressed with the features and value you get for the price of this ebike.
Ancheer Electric Mountain Bike Detailed Specifications:
The Ancheer Mountain Ebike has 26″ wheels.
The Ancheer Electric Mountain Bike weights 50 lbs making it one of the lightest ebikes that we have tested so far.
The Ancheer Electric Mountain Bike has a front suspension only.
350W Class 2 Hub-Drive.
3-6 hours average charge time.
There are 21 gears on the Ancheer Electric Mountain Ebike.
Pros & Cons
- Price – The main draw of this ebike is its exceptionally low price.
- Battery – The battery provides a good range of about 20-30 miles. It is lockable, and removable and it is good for hundreds of recharge cycles.
- Lightweight – This was the lightest of all the ebikes we tested. It’s light weight makes it easier to handle both on the road and off the road.
- Water Resistance – All of the components, including the battery, still functioned well after significant rain.
- Motor – Although the motor is only 350W, the three levels of PAS were adequate. The motor is whisper quiet, and the range is acceptable for the average rider in flatter terrain.
- Rear Derailleur – Some riders reported that the rear derailleur can bend easily in rough terrain.
- Disc Brakes – Some riders reported that the disc brakes were “squishy” and dit not respond quickly.
- Range – The motor is adequate for average riders, but if you live in a hilly area, you may find yourself pedaling more.
- Spoke Issues – You may need to tighten the spokes even before you go on your first ride.
- Saddle – The built-in saddle is not very comfortable.
Ancheer Electric Mountain Bike Final Verdict (4.3/5)
And that was our review of the Ancheer Electric Mountain Bike.
Although the motor is smaller than the other ebikes we reviewed, this is a solid budget mountain ebike that will perform well for the casual rider.
Its relatively simple design makes it easier for riders to become accustomed to ebikes and how they operate allowing the rider to focus on the bike ride rather than complex screens and technical bells & whistles.
This ebike is reliable and weighs less than other ebikes in this price range. It earns 4.3 out of 5 stars in our review.
Other Ebike Reviews
Table Of Contents