Thanks for visiting our Heybike Mars Electric Bike Review page. With a traditional bicycle, you can only pedal so far before you have to turn around and go back. This is a big reason why ebikes are so appealing because you can go greater distances and see more while still helping you meet your exercise goals.
But then there is the struggle of choosing the RIGHT ebike.
Not all ebikes are the same. There are endless variations including the size of the tires, battery power, frame size, build quality and more.
Why Listen To Me?
My name is Christina Bishop. Growing up, I spent most summer days exploring the trails and woods on a bicycle near my house. I was just a teenager when the Silver Comet Trail first opened, and I would sometimes pedal for 50 miles or more in a single day before returning home.
I joined several bike riding clubs over the years, and I learned about the importance of choosing bikes with quality components. After a few flat tires and loose chains, I also learned a lot about repairs and maintenance.
I think that electric bikes, aka ebikes, have made bike riding & cycling so much more fun! When I am not blogging or kayaking, you will still see me out riding my ebike for 50 miles or more in a single day.
For this review, we’ll take an in-depth look at the Heybike Mars Electric Bike and weigh in on its features.
Does it offer the comfort, power and compact folding prowess that it claims, or does this ebike fall short?
Read on to find out!
Heybike Mars Electric Bike Features:
- Multifunction LED Display – The Heybike Mars has a multifunction display attached to the handlebars so you can easily monitor your bike’s critical information. The display has indicators for the battery capacity, odometer, speedometer, and wattmeter.
- Motor – The Heybike Mars Electric Bike has a brushless 500W motor, giving the rider a top speed of 20 miles per hour.
- Battery – This electric mountain bike features a removable 48V 12.5Ah battery that takes six to seven hours to charge. Its multifunction display has a battery capacity fuel gauge that lets you quickly see how much charge your battery has left. The battery also features a USB port to charge your electronic devices no matter your location!
Our Thoughts After Using the Heybike Mars Electric Bike:
We took this ebike for a test ride at the Big Creek Greenway to see how it would perform.
It’s a Great Choice for A Foldable Ebike
Honestly, we really like it! The bike was already 85% assembled when it was shipped to us. All we had to do was unfold the bike, attach the pedals using a wrench and charge the battery.
With a top speed of nearly 20MPH using only the throttle, we didn’t have any trouble passing everyone on the bike path!
We were not sure what to expect with its smaller frame and 20X4 inch tires, but it handled some rugged terrain very well.
We really like the 7-speed Shimano shifter coupled with the torque of the 500W motor!
The Dual Disc brakes on this ebike offer much better stopping power and stopping safety than traditional rim brakes, and we had no trouble maintaining control of this ebike in wet weather.
It comes well equipped with a 270 lumen beam headlight with LED circle, and there is a continuous LED light on the rear of the bike that also acts as a brake light.
We were very impressed with the features and value you get for the price of this ebike, and when you are done riding it you can fold it up and load it into the back of your vehicle!
Heybike Mars Electric Bike Detailed Specifications:
The Heybike Mars Electric Bike has 20″ wheels.
The Heybike Mars Electric Bike weighs 66 lbs.
The Heybike Mars Electric Mountain Bike has a front suspension.
5-6 hours average charge time.
Pros & Cons
- Versatility – The main draw of this ebike is it’s foldable, compact size.
- Pressure Resistant Tires – Tires are puncture resistant because of the extra thickness and additional protective layers inside the tire.
- Lightweight – This was the lightest of all the ebikes we tested. It’s light weight makes it easier to handle both on the road and off the road.
- Safety Lights Included – Not every ebike we tested comes equipped with safety lights. The integrated headlight features a 270-lumen beam and patented LED circle. Motorists and other bikers see you because of the continuously lit rear light on the bike. It also features an additional brake light, so everyone knows when you are stopping.
- Motor – Although the motor is only 350W, the three levels of PAS were adequate. The motor is whisper quiet, and the range is acceptable for the average rider in flatter terrain.
- Rain Resistance – All of the components, including the battery, still functioned well after significant rain.
- Wheel Size – The 20″ wheels are great for pavement and light off-road use, but 26″ wheel are better for hitting the rougher terrain.
- Foldable – Unless you need to fold your ebike for extra storage, we prefer an unhinged frame for long term durability.
- Weight – This ebike weighs in at a heavy 66lbs. However, its foldable compact size makes this easier to handle.
Heybike Mars Electric Bike Final Verdict (4.5/5)
And that was our review of the Heybike Mars Electric Bike.
Although the wheels on this ebike are smaller than the other ebikes we reviewed, this is a solid budget ebike that will perform well on the pavement or light trails for the casual rider.
The fact that it is foldable makes it easier for riders to throw it into the back of most any vehicle.
It earns 4.3 out of 5 stars in our review.
Other Ebike Reviews
Table Of Contents